Saturday, January 29, 2011

Heart Cards

I started these cards the other day but had to work on perfecting them. Along with everything else, cooking, cleaning, refereeing, laundry, etc. time got away from me. I was going to make the dress at Peggy's party last night but unfortunately no one was able to make it out. So here they are:
They are made with either a heart punch ( as they were in the blog where I found them) or as I did with a cricut cartridge. You can find the tutorial on http://valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com/. The card with the 2 hearts could be used as a valentine card, a wedding card or an anniversary card.
 The dress card could be used for a girl birthday, shower card, graduation you name it. I just had to make them both, they are soooo cute. The little rose I made with the scallop punch from SU. It is so easy to do. The tutorial for it is also on Valita's blog mentioned above. 
Let me know if you have any questions about making these, you really need to see the video tutorial to see how easy it is to do the shading with ink on the bodice. I used blush CTMH ink on the dress and as the base CS. The card is 5x7. On the card with the 2 hearts I used tulip CTMH CS and ink. That card is standard 4.25x5.5.

1 comment:

  1. Wow are those cards ever beautiful....you make it look so easy. I was looking forward to going to Peggys. Hopefully another day. Take care. Chat soon.

    ReplyDelete